MRINetwork™ is the world’s largest executive search and recruitment organization. We have a global network of more than 1,000 offices. Management Recruiters - The Boston Group is our 5 office franchise, which was established in 1966 to provide executive and management level staffing services to a wide variety of industries.
Senior Design Engineer – Firearms in Southern NH!
Our client is a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, delivering a broad portfolio of quality firearms, related products and training to the global military, law enforcement, and consumer markets.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the research, design & development of new firearm products and improvements to current products. He or she assists Process Engineering & Production as required to resolve issues and improve current products and the implementation of new or revised products. This person must interact constructively with New Product Engineers, Process Engineers, Production personnel, Marketing and others to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Organize and lead complex product designs
• Develop improved product designs to maximize production efficiency and quality
• Work with Research and Development team on new and current product projects to coincide with the scheduled dates of project implementation
• Assess manufacturability of component designs
• Access technical information (i.e. process records, model drawings, SOP’s, tool and fixture drawings) as needed to evaluate and support product design operations
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing in the building of prototype products
• Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitation which effect long-range plant and product engineering planning
• Analyze test data and reports to determine if design and process meets functional and performance specifications
• Demonstrate ability to understand supplier capability and specialties in the manufacture of components and tooling to required specifications
• Possess a strong knowledge of machining, metalworking principles, and project management
• Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to evaluate newly designed or modified products
• Plans and develops experimental test programs
• Provide technical assistance to component and tooling suppliers
• Assist production in the resolution of manufacturing problems to maintain production schedules
• Travel and attend off-plant training