Just minutes from Aurora, Denver or Centennial, CO
My client is part of one of the largest and most successful hospital systems in the United States.
They have achieved their success by putting patients first and working to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to them, typically investing about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed.
Our client is actively searching for an OR RN to make an impact on this critical aspect of their hospital operations in one of their top hospitals. The hospital has won numerous awards for clinical excellence and being one of the top employers in the state of Colorado!
The OR RN will day and evening shifts available
- 12 operating rooms + 1 minor procedure room
- Approx 1100 surgery’s a month
- Average census 30-40 cases/day
- Case types: All but transplants and burns
- Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence
- Ranked the #5 hospital in the Denver metro area in U.S. News Media & World Report's 2011-12 Best Hospital Rankings
- Level II Trauma Center
- Level III a NICU
- State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.