Recruiting Director: Responsible for managing the activities of Nursing Recruitment and Retention. This position oversees 5 Recruiters plus an Administrative Staff, reporting to the Director of Professional Practice. This is a solidified team that has a long tenure with the organization.
Position requires RN and background in Recruiting.
Recruitment and retention of exempt and non-exempt positions within the Nursing Department for positions requiring registered professional nurses and assistive personnel throughout the hospital, consultation of compensation/benefits and labor relation issues. Also responsible for marketing of professional nursing practice both within the community and nationally and for the promotion of retention activities, coordination of the advertising and marketing program, development of strategies for market-scarce positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees and manages activities of Nursing Recruitment and Retention to ensure recruitment of the highest quality of nursing staff in accordance with Nursing Department staffing objectives.
2. Supervises professional employees and secretarial staff.
3. Supervises recruitment and selection process for non-exempt nursing positions which encompass weekly job opportunities, internal sourcing and processing, development of strategies for filing market scarce positions, attendance at job fairs and career days and provides departmental support on forecasting employment demands, i.e., Travelers and utilization contract personnel.
4. Collaborates with Clinical Nurse Managers/Directors/Physicians/members of the health care team on the application/selection process and advises on options for filling vacant positions.
5. Collaborates with the Director strategies to promote the image of Mount Sinai- Medical Center professional practice model.
6. Plans, coordinates, recommends and evaluates advertising media to meet the hiring needs of professional nursing positions to ensure that it is handled in a cost effective manner.
7. Supervises the coordination of Open House events.
8. Collaborates with Director re: attendance of College Career Days and professional Conventions.
9. Screens, interviews, reference and extends offers for administrative, management, advanced practice, Home Care and other nursing positions both in and outside the Nursing Department.
10. Advises Clinical Directors on salary information, recommend grading levels and collaborate with Compensation to determine appropriate salary offers.
11. Ensures compliance of established EEO goals and objectives.
12. Provides monthly orientation to newly hired leadership staff re: recruitment activities and procedures.
13. Provides benefit information to all newly hired staff and promoted incumbent staff.
14. Utilize computer-based approaches to coordinate all activities and databases.
15. Negotiates contracts and rates with employment and advertising agencies.
16. Practices prudent fiscal management.
17. Manages human resources, within Nursing Recruitment inclusive of recruitment, hiring, performance appraisal, retention, progressive discipline and termination.
18. Act as a resource to Clinical Directors on issues relating to employment, contract interpretation, and compensation issues.
19. Collaborates with Labor Relations on issues including staffing, probation issues, transfers, demotions, entitlement and layoff/position elimination.
20. Facilitates open communications among employees, managers, Clinical Directors, and human resource staff regarding matters concerning contractual disputes, program development, hospital policy and application.
21. Collaborates with the Human Resource Department/Service Center to provide consistent and accurate approaches to recruitment and retention of nursing staff.
22. Collaborates with NYSNA Council and 1199 Training Program.
23. Serves as resource to staff at all levels in understanding conditions of employment as well as hospital policies and procedures.
24. Provides career counseling/advisement to nurses seeking transfers and promotions.
25. Develops an exit interview tool to track, trend, and analyze results of questionnaire. Offer recommendations based on statistical analysis on methods to improve employee satisfaction.
26. Attends programs that enhance human resource knowledge and skills and provide opportunities to keep current with labor law and new federal regulations that affect hiring practices.
For further details, you may contact me directly:
Senior Search Consultant
303-799-8188 ext 103
When you apply for a position presented by The HealthCare Initiative you can expect to be treated as an individual. We will work with you one on one to identify your goals, ambitions and what will enhance both your career and your life. We will only represent you to positions that meet your requirements and will work with you throughout the process of discovery to ensure this is the optimal fit for you. We understand that our success is your success and will help you to get to where you want to be.
The HealthCare Initiative truly is: Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Key words: BSN, MSN, Bachelors of Nursing, Masters degree, MSN, Masters of Healthcare Administration, Nurse Leader, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Patient Care Manager, Director of Nursing, DON, Nursing Supervisor, Unit Manager, Nursing Director, Nursing Manager, Clinical Coordinator Clinical Supervisor, Unit Supervisor, Patient Care Service Manager, Patient Care Service Director, Charge Nurse , Charge RN, RN Manager, Oncology, Hematology, Cancer, Chemotherapy, OCN, Chemo Certified, Manager, Supervisor, Program manager, Nurse Manager, Director, Assistant Director, Coordinator, RN, Registered Nurse, R.N., Nurse, Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, Supervisor, Clinical Coordinator, Preceptor, House Supervisor, Resource Nurse, Assistant Nurse Manager, Team Leader, Assistant Director, Director, Telemetry, Medical, Surgical, Med/Surg, Med, Surg, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Acute Care, Rehab, Rehabilitation, Sub-acute, Charge Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Director of Nursing, Administrator, Manager, Nurse, Cardiology, Radiology, OT, PT, PA, Physician, Vice President, President, Director, Clinical Manager, Angioplasty, outpatient, inpatient, hospital, clinical, cardiac, surgery, Infusion, Nurse Practitioner, Urgent Care, ER, OR, Emergency Room, Operating Room, JCAHO, Staff Nurse, Hematology, PACU, Pain Clinic, Radiology, Neonatal, Critical Care, ICU, CCU, ED, Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Telemetry, Outpatient Oncology, Clinical Supervisor, Endoscopy, Paramedic, OB, Obstetrics, Maternal Health, Antipartum, Postpartum, ADON, Perfusion, Cardiac Catheterization, Cardiac Cath, Cath, Cath lab, DSS, oasis, cvor, cardiovascular, GI, MI, CVICU, CCU, AWHONN, ANCC, RN-BC, AORN, CNOR, AONE, Nurse Executives, ENA, AACN, AANN, ABPANC