|Job Description|| |
Vice President of System Wide Hospital Finance VP of Finance Vice President of Finance Assistant CFO Chief Financial Officer
This position is located near or around Buffalo, NY or Erie, PA
- Under the direction of the CFO, the Corporate Controller is responsible for organizing and administering the Health Systems accounting practices, maintaining fiscal records and preparing financial reports.
- He/She will directs and manages responsibilities for general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budgeting, reimbursement, and tax reporting functions.
- Managerial oversight responsibilities for patient access, health information management (medical records), patient accounts and revenue cycle management will be included based on capabilities.
- This position will also provide financial support, planning, direction, analysis and assistance with financial implications of site operations.
- Preparing the annual budget presentation, analysis, and information required for Board approval
- Supervising accounting and ensuring that the Accounting and Budget Departments work closely with Department heads to construct monthly variance analysis.
- Assisting in development of an all-inclusive strategic plan that will evaluate the financial effects of initiatives and trends, both internal and external, on the hospital.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial results of new programs.
Ensure accounting procedure conforms to generally accepted accounting principles.
Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
Responsible for coordinating, preparation and monitoring of the operational and capital budgets.
Responsible for oversight of payroll, accounts payable and general accounting to ensure accurate processing of payroll and related reporting requirements, vendor invoices, monthly financial reporting and analysis.
Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
Recommends new approaches, policies, procedures, or controls to effect continual improvement of efficiency of the departments and services provided.
Analyzes contractual arrangements, prepares financial analysis and participates in negotiations with HMO’s, PPO’s, and outside vendors.
If experience warrants, responsibly for oversight of the revenue cycle team including patient access, health information management (medical records), patient accounts, and chargemaster/denial management departments and contribute to the completion of various financial forecasts, month-end financial reporting, productivity analysis and days in billed and unbilled accounts receivable analysis.
Delegates and reviews miscellaneous special financial projects.
Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
Coordinate follow-up with department managers on budget variances.
Responsible for quality control of financial output of financial statements, budget, tax, cost reports, etc.
Establish relationships with external customers that promote the financial performance of including: patients, physicians, government and regulatory agencies, payers and other business partners
In conjunction with Corporate Compliance Officer and department leaders from patient access, health information management, patient accounting, ensure compliance with all state and federal billing regulations and reporting requirements.
Responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
Effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department team and inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
Responsible for cash management including daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of trends and preparation of periodic cash flow projections.
In conjunction with Senior Vice President, Finance and Director of QI/Risk Management ensures compliance with risk management practices.
Keeps abreast of current trends and developments in assigned areas through publications, seminars and conferences and peer group associations.
Other duties as assigned.