DIVISION DIRECTOR – MEMBERSHIP AND CHAPTER SERVICES
This position is based in New York City
Management Recruiters - Mid Hudson Valley is an executive search firm focused solely in serving the nonprofit sector. We have a national practice and the large majority of our placements are executive leadership and senior fundraising professionals.
Our client is Hadassah – The Women’s Zionist Organization of America (Hadassah, www.hadassah.org). Hadassah is a NY City based Human Services organization. For over a century, they have devoted significant energy and resources toward improving quality of life and furthering their mission, both on the National and International fronts. They have asked us to assist them in hiring a Division Director of Membership & Chapter Service to play a critical senior leadership role in the fulfillment of their mission.
This executive will oversee member recruitment and retention through servicing activities of the Chapters and Regions. He or she will guide the work of the division in partnership with the Coordinator, Membership and Chapter Services (a key Lay Leader position), and be responsible for the division’s overall mission and the direction and achievement of its goals.
· Create a vision for the division that is in line with the current strategic plan of the organization.
· Develop and collaborate on innovative campaigns for obtaining new members and engaging current members.
· Work with volunteers responsible for leadership training and development.
· Oversee division staff. Foster empowerment, accountability and appropriate risk-taking
· Work with the Director, Unit Field Staff to strengthen and empower operations in the country.
· Develop an annual plan and budget for the division.
· Work collaboratively with other Hadassah divisions to leverage the division’s impact.
· Travel to local Hadassah units to understand needs and be responsive to them.
· Serve on Directors Group and with Division Coordinator on Synergy Group.